Monday, April 6, 2009

Please Help - Redwork Patterns or Nursery Rhyme Quilt?















I have a quilt design dilemma. My sketch journal is over flowing with two new quilt designs. The first is a nursery rhyme quilt that has been floating around in my mind for a whole year. It was such a relief to get it out onto paper. The second is a design for series of Redwork patterns that can be combined into a quilt. It came to mind a few weeks ago. So now my dilemma is which to start on first. I have been looking at both designs for over a week now but find myself paralysed with in decision. Perhaps you could help me.

Which quilt would you like to see complete first.


The nursery Rhyme quilt will combine needle turn applique and hand embroidery. I had heaps of fun trying to decide which rhymes to include, there are so many that I love. Here is a sneak peek at two of the blocks.































There are twelve blocks in total.
The redwork patterns are based on the song "let me tell you about the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees" and look something like this:
























































So what do you think, will it be the Redwork patterns that I start on or the Nursery Rhyme Quilt?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pick the Redwork pattern, only because I would make it for myself as I like redwork stitcheries and I have no grandchildren to make the nursery rhyme one for

Anonymous said...

Sorry, this wont help much because I would have said the Nursery Rhyme. There are more redwork patterns around than Nursery Rhyme stitcheries and I'm a sucker when it comes to anything for the kids.
Sue McKee
Mallee Country Crafts
McLaren Flat SA

Vicki ♥ said...

I think the Nursery Rhyme should be started first...actually do a block of one and then a block of the other and you then do them both at the same time and have them both done :)

Anonymous said...

oh the redwork pattern please. I just finished my project and need something new. Since have little kids, handwork is what is easies for me. and I would love something for ME.
Anna in MI

Mistress B said...

Do the nursery one. It's been in your head the longest and the redwork one might still be developing itself.

Though I'm sure they'll both be great either way. :)

Letty said...

I would love the see the redwork into a design!

Terry said...

They both look like they will be lovely, but I vote for the redwork. I've not done any redwork yet but this might be just the project to get me started! :0)

Anonymous said...

OH! Just love the looks of the Redwork pattern the best!
Barbara in TN

RoseMary said...

How about both as an applique and redwork, that way you would only need one pattern for each design.
Just me thinking.
I love both of them.

Anonymous said...

either one, both will be fantastic. Can't wait!! I have a friend having a baby in October and will do the nursery rhyme one for her if it is available. Keep up the good work

Carrie P. said...

Great sketches. I think you should do the nursery rhyme quilt in both applique and redwork only because I know a lot of ladies don't do applique but do embroidery.

Karen said...

Are you selling the Nursery Rhyme applique patterns? The designs are very good.

Needle and Thimble said...

Redwork is getting really popular again. My quilt shop just began offering classes in redwork embroidery. I'd love to see a redwork quilt pattern published.

RoseMary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails