Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Block of the Month Pattern Block Three

Rolling around at sea in a pea green boat is the inspiration for the third block in my new block of the month quilt pattern. You guessed it it's the Owl and the Pussycat. Such a strange combination when you consider the temperament of a cat compared to that of an owl, which is probably why this delightful pair get along so well.





















The version above has the pussycat looking ever so formal and here is another version which brought a smile to my face.
















I have to confess that I am not normally a cat lover although I could easily find a place for this little fellow in my home.
And here is yet another whimsical interpretation that I have included here because it is so unusual.
















I have to confess that when I started sewing my version of The Owl and the Pussycat I got so carried away with the design that the boat was almost brown...how could I. We all know that it was pea green after all.
And here is a peek of my Owl looking warily at his companion.





















Who is the Cat.





















And they are bobbing along amongst the waves having a delightful time.





















Which is your favourite block so far?
Stay tuned block four coming soon.
Warmly Lenna

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them, what a wonderful job with your owl, while your cat sits there calm and majestic, just as a cat would, grin.

Kate said...

Hi Lenna

This was not easy - they are so beautiful all of them, but I think I prefer the cow in the moon.

Margriet said...

Superrrrrr

Anonymous said...

No favourite, love all of them,beautifully stitched!!!! Can't wait for the pattern to be released...
Anneke Potgieter
South Africa

Carrie P. said...

block 2 and 3 are so cute but I have to say the cow jumping over the moon is my favorite. Love the little village below her.
You are doing a great job.

Breigh said...

I think they are all wicked but if I HAD to choose a favorite I think it'd be Hey Diddle Diddle. I just love that one to bits! :)

linny said...

Hi Lenna,
Love them all, you are doing a lovely job of them. I would also love to see a redwork version, but think I would have to sew both versions

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails