Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ideas for New Block of the Month Quilt

Over the past few weeks my mind has been tossing around some ideas for a new block of the month quilt design. I've decided on two major projects for this year, one of which will be based on Noah's Ark.
The story of Noah and the animals arriving "two by two" has always intrigued me.
I've had heaps of fun researching this theme and have found some wonderful pictures for inspiration.
Here are some of my favourites.
Photo supplied by richdecorstore.com

 
photo supplied by 1stdibs Furniture

                                        Photo supplied by Inspirationline
 I love the two old trees on either side of this picture and will be including them in my quilt design.


                                                   Photo supplied by Wikipedia

There are more photos on one of my Pinterest boards just in case you are a Noah's Ark fan as well.
Including an amazing birthday cake.

I have started to sketch
I am also eagerly waiting on some fabrics to arrive so that I can begin.
Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week.
More to come soon!
Warmly Lenna

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Noahs ark. When my son was little I purchased a range of Noahs Ark fabrics and put together a quilt. I can't wait to see your amazing creation.

LouAnne said...

Are you serious about a 2012 BOM - LOVE the Noah's Ark theme. When would you start?

Patricia said...

I love the animals, especially the shy zebras. Can't wait to see it all finished. Great to be kept updated. A BOM of Noah and the Ark is enticing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails